Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week of Purgatory

Picture from Perry's 1st Birthday/My Descent into Looneyville

Now that Rock of Love 2 is over, Megan correctly pointed out that there is nothing to look forward to anymore, other than online shopping. I now officially have nothing to discuss with people who call me in the office on Monday morning - great. As I pointed out to Megan, this week will doubly suck because it is one of those interim weeks -April is basically over, but we're not making any headway into May. What's the point in the 28th, 29th and 30th when April is already a wash since I haven't located my soulmate or gotten substantially better looking, so it's like the first half of the week is just biding my time until Thursday, May 1st, when my new horoscope starts and many good things will befall me. But since May starts on a Thursday, while technically the new predictions will start, it's the end of the week, so May won't really kick off until the following week. It just makes no sense to have these split month weeks because it just drags out the old month and delays the new month and everybody thinks of it as wasted time were nothing happens and no progress is made.

I mean, on the one hand, it's time for April to end and the month of festivities relating to my birthday to begin, but on the other hand, if I turn 28 that means I am one step closer to dying and also Risa will make fun of me for being old for 7 months before she turns 28. I just don't understand how we have managed to have 3-D movies and the internet superhighway but they haven't developed any time travel technology so I can go back to being 22 but with my current knowledge of how to do my makeup and hair so I can look better in pictures, because 28 is almost 30, and when 30 strikes, time to walk calmly to the nearest cliff and jump off.

No comments: