Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Emergency Edition: I Want My MTV


Well, I thought 2009 couldn't possibly be worse than 2008, but it looks like I was 100% wrong. Beginning on 12:01 AM, January 1, 2009, TIME WARNER CABLE WILL NOT CARRY ANY VIACOM SHOWS DUE TO A DISPUTE WITH VIACOM.

In layman's terms, this means that Rock of Love Bus, Tool Academy, Daisy of Love, Megan Trophy Wife, Sober House and all other VH1, MTV and CMT shows (the latter of which is now the only networking running Wife Swap and Trading Spouses) will not be available in New York, LA and other places. At this point, I would like to remind you that the PREMIERE of Rock of Love Bus 3 is scheduled for Sunday, January 4, and if this dispute between TWC and Viacom is not settled by then, that means that we won't get to meet the girls and then hear Bret's reactions. That is unacceptable. Frankly, it is nothing short of a miracle that Bravo is not part of Viacom, thereby leaving Millionaire Matchmaker, Work Out and The Real Housewives OC/Atlanta/NY safe, because if that shit was canceled, I fear the worst.

Viacom is urging people to call TWC and "Just Say No" to no VH1 or MTV, and I cannot think of a worthier cause or something that more urgently deserves our attention. Please, if you've ever cared about Bret Michaels or his extensions, or if you've ever watched an episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen and then made fun of the people on there, I am BEGGING you to call TWC and vote "No" on Prop. No VH1. Together we can win this.

No comments: