Saturday, February 28, 2009

Concerts I Might Be Interested In

Imaginary logo from a band that does not exist

Live Nation just sent me an emails of concerts that I "mights be interested in." Given that I have purchased Counting Crows and Weird Al tickets through them before, Live Nation suggested that I go see Shpongle, The Helio Sequence or Giant Panda Guerrilla Dub Squad. Since I've also purchased Goo Goo Doll tickets (deal with it), Live Nation also astutely recommended tickets for Ex Parte and The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band. Other bands on the list included The Acacia Strain, Excuse Me, Columbia and Clutch. At first I thought maybe I should go to iTunes and listen to these bands, none of which I've ever heard of, but I then concluded that what was actually going on was that these are made up names of non-existant bands and someone was just trying to prank me and make me look like an idiot. So kudos to Live Nation for an early April Fool's joke. Nice try, guys - you almost had me there for a moment.

1 comment:

subdividedkid said...

Helio Sequence is a cross between the Postal Service and The Shins. I would take em or leave em.

But if you go to the GPG Dub Sqaud concert, make sure you roll a fat blunt before you go.