Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twits in Narnia


I've just joined twitter - username Robespierre15 - and I'll be honest, I don't understand its appeal. But the cool kids are using it these days and I'll be damned if I haven't spent my life trying to be one of them. Twitter also seems fitting because my dad refers to me and my sisters as "the Twits" after our favorite book, The Twits, by Roald Dahl, about Mr. and Mrs. Twit who constantly try to sabotage each other.

I've put a badge on the right column here, under the Facebook badge, in case any cares to "follow" - just click on the badge and you'll be up and running. I promise not to update it with absurd and annoying "tweets" such as "Robespierre had a great workout!!!" or "Robespierre is having a wonderful day!" or "Robespierre just made a delicious cup of Ramen noodles but may be allergic to the onion powder :(!!!" I'm pretty confident no one wants to read about it if I or anybody else just finished a wonderful book or is excited about going out to dinner. I will limit the number of times I tweet per day so as not to seem desperate or lame, and I will restrict the content to bad and ridiculous news and mockery only so you won't have to worry about me ruining your day by being needlessly cheery. No one likes a brown noser.

No comments: