Monday, July 28, 2008

Bills, Bills, Bills


Can you pay my bills
Can you pay my telephone bills
Do you pay my automo'bills
If you did, then maybe we could chill
-Destiny's Child, "Bills, Bills, Bills"

Megan just gchatted me this article talking about how Comcast is now monitoring blogs for people complaining about their services and then "helpfully" suggesting to the bloggers solutions to their Comcastic problems. In the hopes that Verizon Wireless is also monitoring blogs, I have a serious bone to pick with them.

So today the spirit moved me to pay my Verizon phone bill because I felt like I hadn't paid it in a long time. So I dial #PMT (HAHAHA) and they tell me my account is past due as usual and that the CURRENT AMOUNT DUE IS $416.92 . IS THAT A FUCKING JOKE. I obviously throw out my bills without looking at them/paying them so it's not like I can confirm with 100% certainty what the hell happened here, but it appears that I have been calling Greenland 7 times a day, texting 987 votes to American Idol, handing out my phone number on the street and requesting people use up my minutes and accepting collect calls from all my friends in prison. I have never heard of a $400 phone bill and I'm pretty sure it's technically illegal to charge that much and rest assured there are going to be some MAJOR changes around here unless Verizon people read this blog and send me a formal apology along with an explanation of the charges and a $400 credit valid at Verizon or Ebay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really hope this wasn't the very glorious and miraculous announcement, 'cause it's a bit of a letdown.